Sunday, January 17, 2010

I've had the realization that my insecurities and over analytical nature have kept me from performing at my full potential. I used to walk out on stage and let it fly. I didn't hold back. All I had was the raw emotion. I didn't care so much about technique, pitch, vocal tone, etc. I was simply venting.

Now I stress about every detail. I stress about the fact that I haven't practiced. I might miss a note or forget a lyric. Unfortunately I do think that the lack of practice time has contributed to my lack of freedom during performances.

I am going to give up some of my old songs for awhile and concentrate on the new. I need fresh inspiration. I can't be singing a song I wrote at 18 and be putting my all into it.

So here's to new material and gutsy performance. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment