Sunday, January 3, 2010

Played a show last night. Totally bombed thanks to a sore throat. There were a few good moments, but overall I left feeling pretty disappointed in myself.

The best song was the newest song I played. A song about a friend who died a few years ago after suffering from mental illness and a difficult life. I had thought the song was too strange, too 'out there' for people to get. But before I even finished the last note there was applause. I'm sure part of it was the fact that I put more into this song than the older songs, but something in it was understood.

I'll be playing the same venue again next month. Hopefully I'll be well and can really perform at my best. I have a few more new songs to try out. I think having the next show as a goal will inspire me to work on writing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment